MIAMISBURG, Ohio (News release) -- Verso Corporation's Stevens Point Mill in Wisconsin this month celebrates a century of excellence in making specialty papers. With a 100-year tradition of innovation, passion and customer commitment that continues today, the Stevens Point Mill is North America's largest state-of-the-art specialty paper mill with the capacity to produce 200,000 tons of high-performing specialty paper annually.
"We are extremely proud of the generations of dedicated men and women whose papermaking expertise has made the Stevens Point Mill an industry leader over the past century," said Verso President of Graphic Papers Mike Weinhold. "As we celebrate the mill's 100-year anniversary, our Steven's Point team is more committed than ever to delivering the innovative products that help make our customers successful."
"Our mill's long-standing reputation for quality products, unmatched customer service, committed environmental stewardship and generous community involvement is a testament to the exceptional people who've worked here over the years," said Stevens Point Mill Manager Craig Helgeson. "I want to thank all of our team members, past and present, for their dedication to our mill, our customers and our neighbors."
On July 11, 1918, the Consolidated Water Power and Paper Company began construction of a hydroelectric plant and paper machine complex that produced its first ton of paper in 1919. The mill's two paper machines manufactured 15 tons of fruit wrap tissue, tissue paper, toweling and crepe paper per day, transitioning over the next few years to waxed bread wraps and high-grade crepe papers. When consumers moved away from paper bread wraps to plastic in the mid-1950s, the mill diversified its product line into flexible packaging papers with a focus on food packaging - a forward thinking decision that continues to benefit the mill and its customers decades later.
The mill invested over $300 million in the 1990s, increasing capacity to more than 480 tons per day and providing the opportunity to meet customer needs in additional markets such as thermally printed labels, wet strength beverage labels and release liner papers. Continuing investment and rapid innovation in the 2000s have resulted in exciting new customer partnerships and additional capacity, now at approximately 550 tons per day.
"Verso's Stevens Point Mill was founded on hard work, integrity, innovation and a relentless drive to satisfy our customers," said Verso Vice President and General Manager of Specialty Papers Ed Buehler. "These values and ideals, combined with our state-of-the-art facility and unwavering commitment to excellence, continue to position the mill as a specialty papers leader among packaging converters and consumer brands nationwide and in more than 20 countries around the globe."
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 volts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.