Overheated machinery likely cause of fire at Thunder Bay Resolute facility
November 23, 2020
THUNDER BAY, Ont. (From news reports) -- Overheating machinery is believed to be the cause of a Thursday evening fire at the Resolute Forest Products facility on Neebing Avenue, Thunder Bay firefighters said.
Firefighters were dispatched to the site at about 6:30 p.m. Arriving crews were met with smoke and flames coming from a 10-storey metal structure on the property.
Firefighters wearing self-contained breathing apparatus used 45mm hose lines to keep the fire contained to the centre of the structure, which limited damage to the hydraulic control and drive mechanisms.