WAUKEE, Iowa (From news reports) -- Firefighters are investigating a fire at a commercial building on North 10th Street in Waukee.
There were multiple emergency vehicles outside the Quad/Graphics building Friday night, Jan. 20, but there were no flames visible from the outside.
The Waukee Fire Department confirmed the fire originated in the bailing room of the building.
Firefighters say a machine malfunctioned, causing a spark which led to the fire. The "bailing" process compacts paper scraps into recycling, after paper is used to make phone books, according to Waukee Fire Department.
Because the fire involved machinery, firefighters had to be especially careful in the process of extinguishing it.
There were workers in the building, as it is as 24-hour facility. There were no injuries sustained from the fire.
Waukee Fire Department had the fire under control by late Friday evening.