Nip Impressions logo
Tue, Jun 25, 2024 12:04
Click here for Pulp & Paper Radio International
Subscription Central
Must reads for pulp and paper industry professionals
My Profile
Management Side

Are you lying to yourself?

In my column last week, we asked, “Don't lie to yourself while answering this question! How much do you lie to yourself?"

12.5 percent of our respondents answered "Often," 37.5 percent said "Sometimes," 50 percent answered "Rarely," while 12.5 percent said "Never."

We then asked, "How often do you see your colleagues lie to themselves?"

62.5 percent answered "Sometimes," while the remainder said "Often."

Our next questions was, "Again, don't lie to yourself! Has reading this specific column helped you resolve to improve in this area?"

62.5 percent answered "Yes," and the remaining 37.5 percent said "No."

Here are additional comments:

> Spot. On. It's taken me nearly 25 years of working to recognize these tendencies in myself... had come to that realization a few years ago when I found myself not following the advice that I would give to other people when dealing with my boss. I do my best now to have a "realistic" view of the way things are - not the way I wish them to be.

> Listen to your self-talk to learn more about your honesty. Talk to yourself more about being honest with yourself.

Ready for another quiz? Take this week's right here!


 Related Articles:


Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: